In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number, but it is also necessary for the dental team to obtain details regarding your general health and past medical and surgical events. Without this general health picture, the treating dentist is unable to plan your treatment properly.
Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others. We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in the privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by our dental team in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent. It will sometimes be necessary to disclose pertinent / relevant information to referring dentists or other specialists.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or special access or copying of information at other times.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information, but there may be fees levied to cover the costs associated with the processing of this information or copying the information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
- Our team is trained to respect these principles at all times.